RFC: KWizard

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Thu Aug 3 22:17:59 BST 2006

Le jeudi 3 août 2006 21:51, Thomas Zander a écrit :
> On Thursday 3 August 2006 20:49, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > Here is an attempt to replace Q3Wizard
> >
> > It's basically just a simple KPageDialog with "Back" and "Next" Buttons
>
> A wizard should have more features then this to be in kdelibs IMOHO.
> Do you plan to extend it?
>

> I'm missing things like:
> Several hooks:
> protected:
>     /// Called when entering a page, usefull to setup the data for that
> page virtual void enteringPage(QWidget *to, bool usingNext);
>     /// Called when leaving a page.
>     virtual void  leavingPage(QWidget *from, bool usingNext);
>     /// Called when leaving the wizard.
>     virtual void leavingWizard(bool successfull);

That's not required,   there is already virtual back() and next() (and
accept()
and there is the currentPageChanged (KPageWidgetItem *current, KPageWidgetItem
*before) signal.

> A standard feature or two for wizards:
> public:
>     /// A page will only be shown when it is appropriate.
>     bool isAppropriate(QWidget *page);
>     /// the next page will only be shown when its verified to be correct
>     bool isVerified(QWidget *page);
>
>     /// A page will only be shown when it is appropriate.
>     void setAppropriate(QWidget *page, bool appropriate);
>     /// Alter the next button being enabled at the argument page.
>     void setVerified(QWidget *page, bool verified);

the verified is already there under the name  "setNextEnabled"
Anyway, "verified" is a better name, I'll change that

About appropriate, i was about to add it because it was in Q3Wizard,  but i
don't know the sens of it.

Thanks for your feedback.