OOM-killer prevention for master kdeinit process

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Aug 3 12:11:53 BST 2006

On Thursday 03 August 2006 11:52, Lubos Lunak wrote:

> set to normal. Also, some unwanted launching of something from kdeinit with
> the adjustment inherited (even though I don't quite see how that could
> happen in practice) would just at worst result in a process that wouldn't
> get killed by the OOM-killer in the unlikely case it misbehaves, causing

kded misbehaving is quite common, not due to its own fault but due to faulty
modules. Same situation for kicker and memory leaking applets

We user supportes see this kind of reports more often than we would like to
(mostly because it is almost impossible to give accurate instructions on how
to resolve such an issue)

Cheers,
Kevin

--