KSelectAction

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Wed Aug 2 19:23:38 BST 2006

>> [: Chusslove Illich :]
>> Two previous paragraphs combined, I put forward the following
>> conjecture: accelerators should be treated like symbols, completely
>> within decided upon command-script (English Latin), and unchanging
>> across languages.
>
> [: Randy Kramer :]
> However, if I were not a native English speaker (and presuming that my
> computer was localized for whatever language I did speak/write), then
> I'd probably want my accelerators to have "mnemonic meaning" in that
> (my native) language.

(Just for the sake of completness, in case someone else actually gives it a
thought.)

For non-English (Latin, or otherwise) users, even more important and
frequently used action shortcuts (Ctrl combos) haven't got any mnemonic
meaning. So I see no reason to insist on it for Alt-accelerators in
dialogs, especially since these are used at any capacity only by more apt
users (sanity checks welcome :)

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)