3.5.3 Changelog in XML

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Apr 23 18:16:45 BST 2006

On Sunday 23 April 2006 19:31, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Moin
>
> On IRC, Philip Rodrigues, me and others talked about the ChangeLog
> for the .z releases we do [1]. Phil came up with some XML-magic which
> automagically creates nice HTML from the attached xml. This makes
> maintaining a CL easier, because for example there is no need to type
> the bugs.kde.org-link.
>
> What do you think?

I have one problem with it compared to the old one. I write changelog
entries for myself (in the changelog file distributed with the
software) in a form of:
 - Do not crash if an old target got destroyed [#124554]

I also have a simple Quanta script that changes [#124554] to [<a
href="http://bugs.kde.org/124554">#124554</a>] by simply selecting the
number (a double click) and invoking the script with a button or via a
shortcut. Now it will be hard to make a script do the same without some
deeper bash/sed/grep/awk knowledge to produce

<bugfix bugno="124554">Do not crash if an old target got destroyed.
</bugfix>

with a simple select & run. ;-)

But if somebody helps with it, I will show how to use it in Quanta. :-)

Andras