A little review of kdecore & kdeui

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Sun Apr 9 15:33:17 BST 2006

Dne sobota 08 duben 2006 10:35 Thiago Macieira napsal(a):
> Brad Hards wrote:

> >> Synchronising the clipboard and the selection is klipper's job. This
> >> class doesn't have to be in kdecore anymore.
> >
> >Even if we are running in a non-KDE environment?
>
> Yes. Klipper runs in non-KDE environment :-)
>
> And I think we had settled long ago on what's clipboard and what's
> selection. Most people don't need the synchronisation anymore -- I hope.
>
> Except for the legacy applications (like Emacs), every application I
> tested on my laptop behaves like this:
>  - what is selected with the mouse is pasted with the mouse (MMB)
>  - what is copied with the keyboard (Ctrl+C) is pasted with the keyboard
> (Ctrl+V)

 That still doesn't make it good though. Have you never tried to paste the
other one and wished they both shared the contents? I can certainly
understand why people want the synchronizing.

 But as long as people don't try to copy&paste more than plain text with the
mouse synchronizing in Klipper should do, so I think this class can be dumped
and there's no need to do anything with QClipboard. The class can be
reintroduced later if needed anyway.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer