Header files (Re: A little review of kdecore & kdeui)

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sat Apr 8 17:35:09 BST 2006

On Saturday 08 April 2006 11:03, R.F. Pels wrote:
> Use anything other than lowercase in the filename? Fine as long as
>   they stay inside an application. As soon as other people use them,
>   stick to what was done until now.

Why's that? We shouldn't be using the more convenient notation because
of a "maybe, sometime, someday there will be someone who misspells
class names" argument? That is just so silly I can't help but lough as
I'm writing this email. The whole argument of "but Windows developers
type QwIdGet... oh, but only for includes, not code because they don't
care" is so incredibly thin.
So let me just be perfectly clear here: if people want to be using all
lowercase includes, more power to them, but if anyone will come to me
and tell me that I can't use a really convenient notation because
somewhere out there in the beautiful prairies of unknown there's a
windows developer who misscases class names I will get on a plane find
that person and I will pee in their cereal.

Zack

P.S. This email has been brought to you by "stop the silliness due to
coding conventions" foundation.

--
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.