Header files (Re: A little review of kdecore & kdeui)

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sat Apr 8 15:04:30 BST 2006

On 8 April 2006 09:13, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday 08 April 2006 03:10, André Wöbbeking wrote:
> > Is it really easier?
>
> after working with Qt4 for a while now, my experience says "yes, it's
> easier, though only marginally".
>
> you just #include <ClassName>, exactly as you type it when doing "new
> ClassName". no more having to remember which header contains the class
> (think qlayout.h) and makes it rather obvious what classes are being used
> in the file.

ACK. At my work we have a hard rule that says: one class per compilation
module and filename == classname. This saved our collective arse many a time
when refactoring the >2m LOC. It all just so much simplifies things, thanks
to "the rule of least surprise".

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org