A little review of kdecore & kdeui

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Apr 7 22:22:09 BST 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 23:01, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 07 April 2006 13:51, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > I am thinking about a situation where a KDE application runs on a GNOME
> > desktop and launches the application according to GNOME settings.
>
> in this specific case, isn't this why we have a shared mimetype spec?

That's for e.g. local files, where mimetypes are known. But not for URLs.
When clicking on a (HTTP) link, you don't really want KDE (or worse, Qt) to
download it first, to notice that it's e.g. text/html, and then launch firefox which
will download it again... This discussion is(/was) about clicking on URL-labels,
so it's about "launching the user's browser", not about mimetype-app associations.