KDE_DEPRECATED removal

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Sep 1 16:02:23 BST 2005

On Thursday 01 September 2005 16:19, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
> is removal of KDE_DEPRECATED stuff now allowed/approved?
> As there is now plenty of time hacking and that's fairly easy in most case,
> should people be encouraged to do so in kdelibs-trunk or not?

Yes, this is why we tagged/branched kdelibs, so that kdelibs-trunk can be improved
and cleaned up.

But I wouldn't recommend systematically removing / moving to kde3support
currently-marked-as-deprecated methods. Sometimes the whole class must
be redesigned/rewritten (for instance I will soon commit two KURL methods
which make KURLDrag obsolete, so there's no point in removing some
deprecated kurldrag methods, the whole of kurldrag will go into kde3support).

Also don't forget to add entries to the porting guide.