[RFC] Possible KView Maintainership

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Oct 24 17:06:55 BST 2005

David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 23 October 2005 00:14, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>Yes, I know that there is a freeze on KDE-3.5 till version 3.5.0 is
>>released.  Therefore, I was going to work on 3.4 first.
>

> Doesn't make sense. 3.4 is even more frozen than 3.5 - it's so frozen that it's dead :)
> There won't be more releases of KDE-3.4.x, so it makes no sense to work on kview there.
> Do bugfixing in 3.5 branch, and new developments in trunk.

In the general case, what you say is true.  However, as NG correctly
points out, fixing the UI issues (bugs) will require modification to the
documentation and there is currently a pre-release freeze on
documentation.  Since KView has not been maintained, the code in 3.4
BRANCH and 3.5 BRANCH is identical.  And, there is NO KDE-3 TRUNK
anymore, and no new development except feature adjustments is
contemplated.  As soon as KDE-3.5.0 is released, bug fixes would be
moved to the 3.5 BRANCH.

--
JRT