D pointers

Lars Knoll lars at trolltech.com
Mon Oct 3 07:07:26 BST 2005

On Saturday 01 October 2005 19:50, Maks Orlovich wrote:
> > if you stay out of a discussion to come up with a policy and then revert
> > changes because you don't like the policy. This is not about personal
> > taste, this is about a consistent API.
>
> It's not about API. It's about implementation details. And the
> implementation details only affect the person maintaining the class. And
> unless you have any reason to believe that the maintainer isn't doing the
> job, I don't see how you can argue for this sort of micromanagement.

Not true. Maintainers may and will change. The KDE 4 API will live for quite
some years, and there will be people moving out of the project, and new ones
taking over. Look back 5 years, and you'll see that a good part of the
classes that where once written by one person are now maintained by someone
else.

Lars