[RFC] Proper initialization of class members and variables

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sat Nov 19 11:12:02 GMT 2005

On Saturday 19 November 2005 11:11, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get a lot of trouble because of unitialised variables when using msvc.

> This is because gcc seems to auto-initialize all vars with '0' but msvc
> does not (in debug it fills all with 0xcd).

As far as I have understood, it is more Linux (and other *nix), which fills
new memory pages with zeros.

As far as I know, Windows NT did that too, but Windows 95 did not.

By the way, have you the problem for static variables too? That would be a
problem, as initializations of static variables to zero were removed from
KDE.

(...)

Have a nice day!