KDE (vs GNOME)

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Tue Nov 8 11:25:04 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 21:42, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> Stephan Binner wrote:
> > User levels don't work, see previous discussions. Citing such reports as
> > argumentation for it is poor and doesn't change this fact.
>
> The options/actions bloat problem is still real, though.

After a few years, I am starting to think that hiding obscure or advanced
options is indeed the way to attack this.  Yes, GNOME does this but goes a
bit too far, IMHO.

For instance, no one has ever complained about the configuration options in
KolourPaint because they're aren't any :)  Ok, there are acutally a few
hidden ones...