Wish rating system for KMail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun May 22 10:15:17 BST 2005

Hi everybody,

I guess most of you will remember Coolo's proposal to automatically
close old unconfirmed wishes. You might also remember that a few people
asked their applications to be excluded for this mechanism. KMail was
among those applications. AFAIK no wish was ever closed automatically
(maybe because KMail is the application with the second most wishes?).

Anyway, thanks to Tom Albers we do now have a wish rating system for
KMail. While bugzilla can be used by everybody to vote for wishes the
wish rating system is meant to be used only by developers. We will use
the results of the rating to close those wishes most of us don't want
to see in KMail. Hopefully this will help us to reduce the number of
open wishes for KMail (currently there are 943!) significantly.

If you think that you should also be able to rate KMail wishes then
please send a message to kmail-devel at kde.org. Note that
a) Rating the 900+ currently open wishes and all further wishes that are
filed will cost a significant amount of your time. If you rate one wish
per minute then it will take 15+ hours which you probably would rather
spend doing less boring things.
b) We, the KMail developers, reserve the right to refuse your
application. In particular we will most likely only accept applications
of KDE PIM developers, of people who have made non-trivial
contributions to KMail and of a few KDE core developers.

Note that you can always vote for KMail wishes via bugzilla. I won't
make any promises, but wishes which have gathered a high number of
votes will probably not be rated down by us.

Attached you'll find the introduction page of the rating system and the
results of the first week.

Regards,
Ingo