panel related classes in kdeui

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon May 9 19:39:02 BST 2005

On Monday 09 May 2005 11:43, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Monday 09 May 2005 20:16, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > This is my "official" request for the OK to do this. what say ye? =)
>
> This would mean that kdetv will depend on kdebase, which I'm not sure it
> is a good idea.

the other option is moving libkicker to kdelibs. i'd be fine with this, though
i would like to avoid it if possible since it's more convenient to have all
the panel-related code in one place.

however it's done, my priority is making kicker suck less. i'm fairly
convinced that hobbling the desktop panel for one class in a television
application just doesn't make much sense.

note that this is only concerns KPanelExtension. KPanelApplet and KPanelMenu
much more clear cut =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo