Trouble getting svn to work with https

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri May 6 15:14:17 BST 2005

El Viernes 06 Mayo 2005 16:02, heiko.evermann at gmx.de escribió:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have some trouble getting subversion access to work.
>
> Anonymous access for the arts module did work:
> > svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/arts
>
> I then wanted to try the same with my username, and it did not work.
>
> I tried:
> >svn co https://evermann@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/arts
>
> and I get the response:
> >svn: Unrecognized URL scheme
> >'https://evermann@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/arts'
>
> After further investigation I found:
> "svn --version" on my machine yealds
>
> > svn, version 1.1.4 (r13838)
> >    compiled May  3 2005, 11:43:00
> >
> > Copyright (C) 2000-2004 CollabNet.
> > Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
> > This product includes software developed by CollabNet
>
> (http://www.Collab.Net/).
>
> > The following repository access (RA) modules are available:
> >
> > * ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV)
> > protocol. - handles 'http' schema
> > * ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
> >   - handles 'file' schema
> > * ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network
> > protocol. - handles 'svn' schema
>
> So my subversion does not seem to be able to process https. Unfortunately
> that is the protocol that you guys expect me to speak to use my username.
>
> My subversion is current version 1.1.4 built from source.

I had similar issues with the 1.1.3 subversion as shipped with SuSE 9.3

The suggestions I found with google indicated that the neon library was
compiled without SSL support. This did non seem to be the case, at least
the spec file seems to have the correct options for me, but after
rebuilding the neon and subversion rpms, the problem went away.
Probably there is some missing build dependency in the SuSE spec files,
though.

Anyway, be sure to configure --with-ssl

Luciano

--