How to run aKHTML-based application without kdeinit?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Mar 22 09:02:16 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 05:13, Michael A. Borisov wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My application is based on KHTML library. But I don't need any other
> parts of KDE, just browser. When I start my application it starts
> kdeinit process and DCOP server. Is it possible to start my application
> standalone, without  these daemons? I considered Konq-e as an
> alternative approach, but it is very important to me to support Flash
> player plugin in my application.

You could try adding
 KApplication::disableAutoDcopRegistration();
before KCmdLineArgs::init and KApplication constructor.

However KHTML needs to launch kioslaves in order to get data from the network,
and kioslaves are launched by kdeinit, so you need kdeinit.
Unless you add
 setenv( "KDE_FORK_SLAVES", "yes", true );
so that your application forks its own slaves. Then kdeinit shouldn't be required.

Well, that is, until you need kded's kcookiejar for cookie handling, or the password server, etc....