Qt XEMBED [was: Re: thoughts on the systray]

Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 12:59:07 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 05:35 pm, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 02:51:54 +0100, Matthias Ettrich
>
> <ettrich at trolltech.com> wrote:
> > http://www.trolltech.com/products/solutions/catalog/Widgets/qtxembed/
> >
> > There are some issues left with it, but it's pretty close. We also do
> > have an improved port to Qt 4. Shortcut support is still missing
> > (something we'll add before the final).
>
> Is there an equivalent to this for Qt/Mac?  I know previously when
> working on the KDE/Mac port I basically needed to turn off anything
> using XEmbed....

There is a way to "swallow" a window under Mac Classic, so I am assuming there
is a way to do this under OSX also.  I think the problem wrt to Qt is that Qt
doesn't know what the equivalent of WinID on OSX.   I think a good place to
start is ControlManger under the carbon section and see what functionality
can map over the XEmbed.  I think this is a holdover from classic, so this
class may go away soon.  I will see if there is a newer class that can do the
same.

Cheers
 -ian reinhart geiser