ioslave configuration

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Jan 21 21:56:51 GMT 2005

On Friday 21 January 2005 21:10, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 21 January 2005 12:21, Hans Meine wrote:
>
> > con: the settings menu is already quite large, and for example my dad does
> > not open "configure konqueror" right away (in << 10 seconds) when looking
> > for e.g. the java settings.
> >
> > pro: nevertheless, I am sure the overall accessibility of these settings is
> > increased - currently, quite some people might not even guess that there
> > *are* audiocd:/ options anywhere
> >
> > > But I still don't think that
> > > putting ioslave configuration in konqueror is a good idea.
> >
> > I like your suggestion. ;-)
>
> I like it too.
> I had exactly this problem two weeks ago: where to adjust the bitrate for the
> audiocd ioslave.
> I entered audiocd:/ and had a look at the settings menu. It wasn't there.
> After some thinking I opened the control center and looked in components. No
> there. Then I finally thought it could be in sound&multimedia and there it
> was :-)

I would not even know any more that there is a "sound&multimedia" item
in the kcontrol TOC. I'd have used the "search" tab.

Since about a year, I am using kcontrol --> search, and nothing else if
I need to find anything. Works very fast.

So in your case, I had typed "bit" (not knowing if it is spelt "bit
rate" or "bitrate") -- and bingo!

The search feature in kcontrol is the only thing that makes it still
usable. [ Hmmm... so in line with one school of opinion that is
currently popular on IRC, in blogs and on mailing lists, we should
possibly abolish the search -- so it makes migration to a new
tool as kcontrol successor hapen more quickly?  ;-P ]

Cheers,
Kurt

> Conclusion: it would have been much easier for me if it would be located in
> the settings menu.

??

> Alex

Cheers,