sqlite in kdelibs

ian geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 22:30:30 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 05:24 pm, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Kopete uses also sqlite for his statistic plug in.
>
> Le Mercredi 19 Janvier 2005 16:00, ian geiser a écrit :
> > This is insane.  Why the heck do we need SQLite in KDE libs when its
> > built in to Qt SQL?
>
> The problem is that few distro actually include sql drivers with the qt
> binary.
umm the sql lite driver is built by default in Qt.  If the packager forgot to
gather the plugin or turned it off manually that is their fault.   Or if the
user forgot to install it, then we can prompt them to do so.

The other ones are optional, but we will always ship with at least one.

Cheers
 -ian reinhart geiser