File deletion impossible II: Konqui reloaded ;)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jan 18 08:35:53 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 09:02, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 January 2005 01:22, David Faure wrote:
> > It's not a folder anymore, it's just a .desktop link, you are
> > entitled to remove it, the trash will still work.
>
> And how can I add back once I removed?

Well you can use the restore functionality of the trashcan, if you use "Move To Trash" :)
Otherwise Create New / Link to location / "trash:/" would do it, but I agree if you tell me it's not intuitive :)

OK the plan is: I'll clean up the RMB menu for this .desktop file (with hacks in konq_popupmenu...)
and either remove "Move To Trash" and "Delete", or even add a "Remove Trash From Desktop"
with a confirmation dialog box telling people about the fact that they'll need to type trash:/
if they want to get to the trashcan after removing that link - does this sound OK?