kio_audiocd crashes

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Jan 9 21:38:24 GMT 2005

On Sunday 09 January 2005 18:16, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> If you set libkcddb to local cache
> only then it wont crash (and audiocd really hasn't changed in the
> last month and was working before). One thing to note is that doesn't
> crash in KAudiocreator (which sets blocking to false).

Indeed the problem is in libkcddb. If you set the transport protocol to
CDDB instead of HTTP it doesn't crash either. Same if I revert it to
the commit before
"Get rid of the busy-loop in SyncHTTPLookup, by using
NetAccess::synchronousRun(), and do some refactoring to make
it work.
Seems to work for all apps using it, but not tested very much."

I suspect NetAccess's internal usage of enter_loop cannot be called from
a kioslave. Can anyone confim, deny it?

Andras