Known "showstoppers"?

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Fri Feb 25 17:12:20 GMT 2005

George Staikos wrote:
> 2) The "launch KMail automatically on startup for no apparent reason" bug
> which is:
> a) very annoying
> b) a potential security and privacy threat (laptops on untrusted networks
> with mail timers set)
> (Note: I haven't verified to see if this one is still present in HEAD.)

There is a reason: The users probably have created an imap / kolab calendar or
addressbook resource. Since these resources access the data through dcop to
kmail, and since korgac is started on login and lots of applications access
the addressbook (like kopete), they need to start kmail.

It's just necessary to start kmail, but it won't happen in a plain vanilla kde
installation, only when the users set up an imap resource.

Cheers,
Reinhold

email: reinhold at kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * K Desktop Environment, http://www.kde.org, KOrganizer / KPilot maintainer