KDE 3.4 Control Center UI Review

Andreas Scherf scherfa at web.de
Mon Feb 14 21:47:49 GMT 2005

Am Montag, 14. Februar 2005 22:12 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> On Monday 14 February 2005 22:07, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Monday 14 February 2005 20:47, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Yes, it makes a less busy impression, better for the eye. The line with
> > 'Windows shares' is a bit ugly though. To solve that I would remove the
> > TCP
>
> If you drag the dialog wide enough, everything is aligned under each other
> properly. Current version:
> http://www.neundorf.net/pics/lan-kcm3.png
Nice,
but i have another idea:
Use a table with the following layout :

Name                  | TCP Port | Modus
FTP                     |          21| Enabled
Secure Shell / Fish |         22 | Enabled
That makes TCP obsolete in every line ... or maybee let them display as
hint ...

Greetings
Andreas

--
I hear that if you play the Windows XP CD backwards, you get a satanic message
"That's nothing. If you play it forward, it installs Windows XP!"