Removing amarok from kdebug.areas

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Feb 4 18:56:56 GMT 2005

On Friday 04 February 2005 17:17, Max Howell wrote:
> Through a strange sequence of events I came to find that we are named and
> shamed in this posting:
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=106607933724723&w=2
>
> As far as I know we don't make use of these debug areas, and don't need
> them. I'm not even sure how we got into that file in the first place. Shall
> I remove all references to amarok from kdebug.areas?

Well, whatever you want, I don't think it's bothering anybody.

What may be interesting (in general) is to have a slightly more scalable way
to specify application-specific debug areas. I can imagine that a third party
KDE developer wants to use different kDebug areas in his application but that
registering them in the central debug.areas is a bit of a hassle.

Reserving a specific "private use" range for that would be a first step.
(2500 to 2999 ?)

Cheers,
Waldo
--