A new KColorCombo fro KDE 4?

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Wed Aug 10 18:11:00 BST 2005

Am Dienstag, 9. August 2005 20:32 schrieb Sébastien Laoût:
> Hello,
>
> IMHO, the KColorCombo widget is not too usable.
> It presents too few color choice and we have to scroll to view all choices.
> The presented colors are not beautiful (they are dark colors from old
> terminals), so the "Custom..." entry always need to be used to make a good
> choice (and KColorDialog propose a to big amount of choice).
>
> For my program, I created a new ColorCombo for a better usability
> experience.

Talking about usability experience:

Is it really necessary that each palette entry is a rather _small_ rounded
box?

Even worse: between the small rounded boxes (which look awkward and make the
color harder to see) the Hermann-Grid-Illusion looks distracting:

http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/lum_herGrid/

Not really improving the experience of choosing colors ...

So: could you

- remove the rounded edges
- make the color boxes larger at expense of the white spacing and remove the
white spacing (or make it a white 1 pixel separator line instead).

 --
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

        Torsten Rahn

--
Dipl.-Phys. Torsten Rahn, credativ GmbH
Karl-Heinz-Beckurts-Str. 13, 52428 Jülich, Germany
Email: Torsten.Rahn at credativ.de