How to get a file by date in a branch?

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Aug 10 17:06:19 BST 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 18:55, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 August 2005 17:14, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I would like to get some files from the 3.5 branch based on a
> > date. I tried (in kdevelop/languages/cpp):
> > svn update -r {2005-07-20} debugger
> >
> > The result was that I lost all files from the debugger directory.
> > My assumption is that it happened because the 3.5 branch was
> > created after this date. AFAIR getting old revisions by this
> > technique in CVS was not a problem.
> > Does anyone know how can I do it with svn?
>
> You need to switch with the URL that was used at that time.

That's really sad. In this case I know that the code is in trunk, but
what happens if I don't know from where it was branched? For example if
I develop in a branch, copy it to trunk which is later branched.
And in this case when I want to go back to the current version I have to
switch it again to the right branch, isn't it so?

Andras