[RFC] "Documents Folder" icon in "system:/"

Gary Greene greeneg at phoenuxos.com
Tue Aug 9 23:04:22 BST 2005

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 09:50 am, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9. August 2005 09:02, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > populating $HOME with folders for common items (music, photos, video,
> > etc) is a question of taste i suppose. it certainly assumes a lot about
> > the user,
>
> Totally. I personally don't know a single windows user who has actually
> populated those directories with anything - probably because I don't know a
> single windows user who purchases the for-pay content offered by/for
> windows media player, which is the primary user of those directories (that
> doesn't mean I'm assuming that represents any kind of general trend though
> :).

Actually I know a LOT of people taht do use teh ones under My Documents, since
many are iTunes users and also since XP forces the My Documents folder as the
root for saving. I do tech support at a fairly decent sized University in
Michigan and have noted this as a trend, especially on XP based Windows
systems.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from uriel.tolharadys.net

Developer and Project Lead for PhoeNUX OS.
 check out http://www.phoenuxos.com/ for more info.
EMAIL : greeneg at phoenuxos.com