KUnitTest progress

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Thu Apr 14 09:32:48 BST 2005

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:31 pm, you wrote:
> I've made some progress with the KUnitTest framework. It is now possible to
> store unittests in dynamically loadable modules. A runner app (with or
> without gui) is provided to load and run the modules. If the tests are
> built into modules which are stored in kdelibs/unittests, then running them
> is as simple as:
> $kunittestmod.sh --folder kdelibs/unittests
I haven't had a chance to look at it in detail yet (see later), but I am
concerned that you are adding complexity, and that is raising the barrier to
entry. Zack's original blog talked about the value of 1 test. QCA has several
thousand, but the complexity is still low.

That isn't to say that you aren't adding some useful things, but please make
sure that KUnitTest doesn't get in the way of throwing together a few simple
tests. As an example, I added the capability to do XFAIL, and unexpected
passes, but I've never used them. In hindsight, it is needless complexity.

I will take a look, but your tarball won't compile (well, it can't make -f
Makefile.cvs, and there is no configure or autogen.sh script). Also, the
tarball should unpack into something with a revision.
[bradh at prionotes kunittest]$ make -f Makefile.cvs
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** YOU'RE USING UNSERMAKE.
*** GOOD LUCK!! :)
*** Creating acinclude.m4
*** Creating list of subdirectories