Compilation fails for kdepim

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Apr 13 19:34:42 BST 2005

Hi,

 I've updated my local repository today and kdepim compilation fails in
libkdepim:
In file included from libkdepim_la.all_cpp.cpp:46:
/data/development/sources/kde-head/kdepim/libkdepim/kaddrbook.cpp: In
static
   member function `static bool KAddrBookExternal::addAddressee(const
   KABC::Addressee&)':
/data/development/sources/kde-head/kdepim/libkdepim/kaddrbook.cpp:134:
error: `
/data/development/sources/kde-head/kdepim/libkdepim/kaddrbook.cpp:134:
error: (Each
   undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it
appears
   in.)

And indeed KABC::AddressBook does not have any loadingHasFinished()
member function. BTW, the code seems to be new:
  KABC::AddressBook *addressBook = KABC::StdAddressBook::self( true );

#if KDE_IS_VERSION(3,4,89)
  // This ugly hack will be removed in 4.0
  while ( !addressBook->loadingHasFinished() ) {

QApplication::eventLoop()->processEvents( QEventLoop::ExcludeUserInput );

    // use sleep here to reduce cpu usage
    usleep( 100 );
  }
#endif

Maybe somebody forgot to commit the kdelibs/kabc part of the patch?

Andras