[MAJOR BUG] g++ 2.95.x generates invalid code for KDE 3.3.0

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Sep 19 21:24:16 BST 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 22:11, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Sunday 19 September 2004 21:56, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > I don't think it's sufficient to have one developer check whether KDE
> > still works with gcc-2.95. Actually, the current situation has already
> > proven this point. KDE 3.3.0 doesn't work with gcc-2.95. That's a fact.
>
> KDE 3.3.0 works fine on the 4.x branch of FreeBSD which ships with gcc
> 2.95.4 as system compiler.

Yes - except that _our_ gcc 2.95.4 doesn't trigger the bug, and _theirs_ (er,
the Linux on x86 crowd) does. I checked that on vattenmelon and on a local
4.10 box. See previous summary message from me. So in this particular case,
the "all clear" from the BSD guys would destroy KDE on Linux (sounds like a
cunning plan to me, Baldrick).

--
Don't worry, 't ain't no shame to be stupid - ol' mouse.
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot