widget style cleanup

Andrew Coles andrew_coles at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 14:23:00 BST 2004

On Tuesday 14 Sep 2004 14:20, Leo Savernik wrote:

> > I guess that might work as a compromise, although it would restrict the
> > user to only being able to look at widgets in their current style: if
> > they were to, say, look at the dialog in IE (if its CSS was even vaguely
> > correct...) then they'd get a Windows scrollbar, not the one the web site
> > intended (Keramik, Plastik, whatever)....
>
> Oh. I thought this was the intention of your approach to enable the user to
> view the widgets in whatever style he is currently using.

Overall, yes; however, the discussion at one point led to the issue of
web-page based documentation, at which point I suggested that the webmaster
could choose a style sheet for the current default KDE style/allow the user
to choose one and note the setting in a cookie.  If, however, some of the
widgets were rendered in the user's current style--using overflowed boxes--
and some in the style defined by the webmaster then the results wouldn't be
pretty.

Andrew