widget style cleanup

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Sep 14 01:41:54 BST 2004

stephan, i agree with everything you said, except:

On Monday 13 September 2004 12:46, Stephan Binner wrote:
> (like KSirc->Konversation,

oh please no. KSirc may not be a panacea, but replacing it with the usability
abomination that is Konversation would be just replacing one decent app for
one arguably equally decent application. unless Konversation gets it's user
interface act together, i'd really prefer not to see it in CVS.

> control center[?]).

i'm not sure the control center will be ready for 3.4. the more radical (and
complete) solutions aren't doable in the time frame of 3.4. if we go with a
conservative approach we'd be changing it for sure again in KDE4, and that's
just not an option either as far as i'm concerned because that will mean
changing KControl twice in a row AGAIN. changing KControl is one of those
things that our users (and those who support them) really do not like.
changing a theme doesn't have nearly the same consequences as changing
KControl around does for our userbase. =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo