KCM cleanup patch

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Sat Oct 23 13:39:43 BST 2004

On Friday 22 October 2004 8:32am, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> > > Hmm, indeed, I've got automake 1.6 installed, so I guess this is the
> > > prerequisite for KDE. However, kdelibs/COMPILING contains stale
> > > information then (autoconf 2.52, automake 1.5).
> >
> > Also note in reponse to the original post, automake versions later than
> > 1.7 (1.8 or 1.9) are not picked up by the KDE build system. Last I looked
> > only versions 1.6 and 1.7 are used. (although patching KDE to search for
> > 1.9 worked with a few warnings ).

Most KDE software can be compiled with automake 1.5 just fine. I only have 1.4
and 1.5 installed but FreeBSD ports seems to manage and with a small admin
patch to not exit when finding 1.5, so do stand-alone compiles.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had
cap at capsi.com | better learn baseball" -- Jacques Barzun