3.3 release

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Tue Oct 12 08:29:17 BST 2004

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 05:07, Michael Nottebrock wrote:

> I personally think that KDE is releasing too often for its own good.

Feature or bugfix releases?

> especially since a KDE update is never a small thing for anybody.

Does anything force a user to follow every (bugfix) update or a distributor
to provide packages for every bugfix release?

I would feel more sad to see a distribution switching from 3.2.x to 3.3.x to
pick up a more faulty 3.3.0 because of distributors already having done the
switch preventing regularly bugfix releases.

> I'm very seriously asking to consider doing at least one release less per

Feature or bugfix release? Original poster is talking about bugfix releases.

> instead of merging new features from HEAD, so each release presents the

New Features are in general always added to HEAD only.

Bye,
   Steve