Moving to SubVersion

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sat Oct 9 08:55:18 BST 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 17:45 pm, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > 3. Who is going to do the migration task, including providing support and
> > documentation for everyone involved in KDE development?
>
> The actual migration can only be done by the sysadmins, support can be
> provided via the IRC channels and we've to change the cvs related sites
> on developer.kde.org (3 or 4 AFAICS).
>
> I mean, which support/documentation for CVS do we offer today?
Those pages on developer.kde.org, plus some pages on the wiki. I'm not a
translator, but I guess that there are some pages for them too, on
i18n.kde.org.
The point is that CVS is the status-quo. If we decide to change, we have to
apply the resources that are required to make the change happen. That is
going to slow down development (for those trying to adapt, and those trying
to help them). The admins are guys like Waldo, Coolo, David Faure - people
who are either coding, or admin-ing, but aren't doing both at the same
time....

Brad