New string compare panel applet

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Fri Oct 8 15:32:30 BST 2004

Quoting Stephan Kulow <coolo at kde.org>:
> Am Friday 08 October 2004 15:36 schrieb Michael Buesch:
> > Ok, no problem.
> > I wrote it, because I need it. Not for KDE inclusion. So that's perfectly
> > fine. I just thought more people would find this tool useful. As this is
> > not the case, I'm still happy this way. :)
> >
> Thanks. I wish everyone would be that easy to convince the right way
> is right. kde-apps.org is actually even better for your purpose as it
> offers a way to search - while kicker applets aren't really descriptive
> on what they do.
>
> Imagine a user wanted the functionality you're providing and then found
> the add applet menu in kicker. Mine lists a quite big collection going
> from "15 stones" over "Menu" to "Devices" - all very meaningful descriptions
> that make clear why you want that.
>
> So I think, every "20% solution" (not sure if I should count "15 stones" in there :)
> should prefer extragear/kde-apps over e.g. kdeutils. Not so much because it
> increases KDE (my DSL gets updated in january anyway :), but because it's

Yeah, my DSL, too. :)

> easier for users to decide what 20% they are in - it's a different 20% for everyone
> anyway :)

So I'll develop a bit around until I've a good solution. (The klipper thing,
I sayed in a previous mail, seems to be the wrong way... . Anyway,
Richard's idea is still very good and I'll implement it.).

Maybe it'll be good to include it in extragear-3. We'll see.

Thank you all guys for the nice discussion about it.

--
Regards Michael Buesch  [ http://www.tuxsoft.de.vu ]