KDE 4 Development book

Matt Newell newellm at blur.com
Fri Nov 12 18:28:21 GMT 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 06:36, Frans Englich wrote:
> The problem of writing a "KDE X Development Book" is that it's a _huge_
> project, and requires continued man power, time, and lots of work. The
> result is a book which relatively quickly becomes outdated.

I think by having the code samples along with each part of the text be in a
framework that allows for automated testing, it could help keep the book up
to date. Each time a code sample breaks for some reason, it is required that
you must fix the corresponding text when you fix the code.  This obviously
only solves a small problem, but I think it would help.

Matt