Moving kfilereplace to kdeutils

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Nov 12 16:04:13 GMT 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 09:34 am, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Friday, 12. November 2004 07:35, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  There was some request about moving out KFileReplace from kdewebdev as
> > it's not related to web development. Altough it is used by Quanta to do
> > Search and Replace in files, it is not a hard dependency, so from my
> > point of view it's OK to move. The proposed destination would be
> > kdeutils. There are two questions:
> > - is anybody against the move to kdeutils?
>
> Yes. It would generate an inter-module dependency quanta -> kdeutils, if
> other applications start using it it will generate more (optional or not is
> irrelevant). Places to move this would be kdelibs or kdeaddons.

And you're not griping about kdevelop's dependency on kdesdk for certain
things why? Sorry, but this argument simply doesn't hold up. if kfilereplace
is moved, kdewebdev will depend on kdeutils for full functionality, just like
kdevelop depends on kdesdk for full functionality. This is of course assuming
that kfilereplace is already an optional dependency for quanta, or would be
made one if it was moved.

Matt
--
"I'll carry your books, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over,
carry forward, Cary Grant, cash & carry, Carry Me Back To Old Virginia,