KBeam

Daniel Molkentin molkentin at kde.org
Sat Nov 6 13:22:00 GMT 2004

Am Freitag 05 November 2004 22:09 schrieb Georges A.K.:
> get KBeam included in KBeam since it does offer a basic functionality ?
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hopefully this is already the case ;)

> What do you guys think ?

I think you should look wether there's an opportunity to team up with the
KDE-bluetooth guys. They have plenty of stuff implemented for bluetooth that
should work just as well for IrDA (IrMC and OBEX to name just a couple). If
there is an opportunity to do so, it should be done. As for taking the
package into the core distribution: I would rather like to see it in
kdeextragear. It will be picked up by distributors and interested people
anyway.

Plus you must be aware that with putting KBeam into one of the core packages,
you have to obey to the release cycles of KDE and so on. kdeextragear leaves
you a lot more freedom in that regard.

Cheers,
  Daniel