Auto-WONTFIX for old UNCONFIRMED wishlist items

Aaron Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Nov 4 21:39:06 GMT 2004

On November 4, 2004 13:32, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> confirm wishlist items (doesn't make sense to me), but that doesn't mean I
> want them to be marked as wontfix.

it makes the bug database that much less useful for others ... personally i've
been marking wishlist items that are "within the bounds of reasonability" as
New so that i can sort out the ones that aren't more easily later.

looks like Coolo has just gone and helped me out quite a bit with that ;)

> Personally I don't think it is a good idea to automatically close wishlists
> like this. It seems a bit rude. Sure, the clean up is nice. Perhaps, as a
> comprise, you could automatically send an email to the bug owner about the
> expired wishlist item. Then he or she could close the bug.

why would they close their own wishlist item? believe me, they won't. they
hate it enough when someone else closes them as WONTFIX ;-)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric