I repeat, lets get KDEvibes into 3.3 ;-)

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Sat May 29 11:22:35 BST 2004

On Saturday 29 May 2004 11:31, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Friday 28 May 2004 21:39, Artemio wrote:
> > Unfortunately, I can't reach any person responsible for incorporating the
> > new sounds/jingles of my KDEvibes project into KDE 3.3.

_Is_ there anyone who feels he or she has the hat of "responsible for system
sounds" lodged somewhere above their neck? From my vantage over here Scott
seems to be the most active and long-haired sound developer, but that doesn't
make him responsible, yet.

> > The tasks are:
> > 1. Remove old .wav sounds
> > 2. Add the new .ogg sounds
> > 3. Modify the default configuration in KControlCentre (KNotify module) to
> > play new sounds instead of old ones.

> I talked to Artemio on IRC and will commit the "East West" sounds pending:
>
> *) An audit of our currently used sounds and a replacement of those that
> are currently in use and a note of those that aren't so that they can be
> removed in KDE 4.

* How about a commitment to creating new appropriate sounds when required? I
don't know how folks feel about "aural consistency" in sounds, but I remember
how long it took to achieve "visual consistency" with some icon sets because
they weren't entirely complete and it took forever to create the new
appropriate icons when required (for new apps, actions, whatnot).

--
   "On top of that [watching KDE CVS] is interesting in a perverse
    way, like watching sausage get made. By very smart people." - dkite