kdelibs api dox install problem

Nick Brown nickbroon at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat May 22 16:47:55 BST 2004

There apears to be something wrong with install of kdelibs apidox.

[bash] pwd
/home/kdedevel/kdecvs
[bash] ls
build/  install/  source/
[bash] cd source/kdelibs
[bash] make -f Makefile.cvs

<snip OK output>

[bash] cd ../build/kdelibs
[bash] ../../source/kdelibs/configure --enable-debug=yes --prefix=/home/kdedevel/kdecvs/install

<snip OK output>

[bash] make >& makelog &
[bash] make apidox >& make-apidox.log &
[bash] make install >& make-install.log &

<All finish OK>

However there appears to be a problem with apidox.

[bash] pwd
/home/kdedevel/kdecvs/install/share/doc/HTML/en/kdelibs-apidocs
[bash] ls -la common
lrwxrwxrwx  1 kdedevel kdedevel 28 May 22 16:12 common -> @kde_libs_htmldir@/en/common

This is a broken link. Looking at the build/kdelibs/Makefile reveals;

kde_libs_htmldir = @kde_libs_htmldir@

When I build kdebase (or kdepim etc for that matter) seems to have found this fine.  build/kdebase/Makefile reveals;

kde_libs_htmldir = /home/kdedevel/kdecvs/install/share/doc/HTML

and it does not have broken link;

[bash] pwd
/home/kdedevel/kdecvs/install/share/doc/HTML/en/kdebase-apidocs
[bash] ls -la common
lrwxrwxrwx  1 kdedevel kdedevel 54 May 21 13:36 common -> /home/kdedevel/kdecvs/install/share/doc/HTML/en/common/

Which is a valid link.

Why is the kdelibs common docs link broken? Does it relate to the 3 directory build I do? Or is this a bug in kdelibs?

Cheers,
Nick