kdemultimedia (setCheckedState)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed May 19 12:44:49 BST 2004

On Wednesday 19 May 2004 13:32, Clarence Dang wrote:
> On Wed, 19 May 2004 05:14 pm, David Faure wrote:
> > So there are two solutions: ensuring that options really look like options
> > (without a verb, like "Toolbar Foobar Visible"), or ensuring that those
> > menu items are actions, where the description represents the action - so it
> > has to change if the action changes.
>
> I have to agree with Scott and Malte for the same reasons they gave.  Why
> wasn't the first solution chosen?

Do you really think "Toolbar Foobar Visible" makes a good menu item name?

Sigh. Why does everything have to be so controversial in KDE, and where
was everyone when I posted
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=107608719413110&w=2
(which was even cc'ed to kde-usability)?
The only answer on kde-usability was this one: http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-usability&m=107609286521568&w=2
which was from Gerard (who asked me to implement that change).

I don't care what happens now. This is a usability issue. If the kde-usability
people can come up with a decision, I'm happy, whichever way it is.