Avoiding Problems by Avoiding Decisions

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Mon May 17 15:57:15 BST 2004

On May 17, 2004 10:42 am, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> By the way, I've spotted that in KDE 3.2.2, Liechtenstein is classified in
> Western Europe but Austria and Switzerland in Central Europe ; Germany outs
> itself in Central Europe ; Estonia in Nordic Europe but Lettonia in Central
> Europe. Classifications are never neutral.

Could someone from Europe enlighten me as to why this matters anymore? I
understand the history, but isn't Europe just "Europe" now, i.e., no
east/west boundry? It's not like we say Canada is a "Northern North-American
country" and Mexico is a"Southern North-America country", or that Columbia is
"Northern-South-American" and Argentina is "Southern-South American".

Why do these designations need to exist in KDE?

I apologize in advance if what I just said offends anyone, I just really don't
understand.

--
Jason Keirstead
http://www.keirstead.org