Avoiding Problems by Avoiding Decisions

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu May 13 18:11:04 BST 2004

On May 13, 2004 12:53, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 13 Mai 2004 18:44 schrieb George Staikos:
> >   "accept [3166-1] as-is" and "all future amendments".  Yes if they
> > rename Canada to BeaverLand, I will not complain.  The contents of this
> > -international-standard- are effectively irrelevant as far as KDE is
> > concerned, and this has -nothing- to do with greek people, dutch people
> > or german people.  What it will do is give us a real policy and honest
> > backing to say that what we have is acceptable.  As far as #80330 is
> > concerned, my opinion is that both sides of that argument are garbage.
>
> But you still take it to believe our current policy has to be changed.
> Something I disagree on - especially as the arguments are garbage.

  Ok, so you're saying "not my problem, so I won't let anyone else fix it"?
The fact that we have this long thread, that long bug report, mail to country
reps, and other bugs/complaints in the past indicates that there is a
problem, and it is actually a huge waste of time.  If you want to go to the
lengths that ISO went to and define and document your policies and
procedures, put them online for everyone to see, and setup a respected
dispute resolution mechanism, then sure you can do that.  I suppose your time
is better spent elsewhere though.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/