open tasks, jobs, unmaintained stuff, etc.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Mar 6 09:30:33 GMT 2004

On Saturday 06 March 2004 09:55, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> But some people *do* find them confusing, that's the problem. And it
> doesn't mean these options are necessary either.

It's simple; if you say 'all swans are white', and I bring you a black swan, I
have invalidated your position. You can go on and argue that most swans are
white, but from that point on you have to always keep in mind the existence
of black swans, and cannot dismiss them with an airy 'they don't count'.

> So if an option is found confusing by some people, and people can work
> without it, just get rid of it. That a kid likes it and doesn't find it
> confusing doesn't make much of a difference overall.

Well, what would make a difference? Three kids, three kids and two adults?
Three kids and three adults?

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi