New actions won't appear after upgrading

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Sat Jul 24 13:21:51 BST 2004

Hi,

There's something wrong with the XMLGUI-mechanism.
A while back I've added some actions to KBabel's Catalog Manager. On my
testaccount, they were visible in the menu's.
When I started using this version on my normal user account, the new actions
were gone. I found out there was still a catalogmanagerui.rc in
$KDEHOME/share/apps/catalogmanager/catalogmanagerui.rc, because I've modified
the toolbars in my old version. Of course, that file didn't contain the new
actions.

$KDEHOME/share/apps/bar/barui.rc (old version) and
$KDEDIR/share/apps/bar/barui.rc (updated version) should be merged. No one
will find my new features if they have a custom rc in their homedir.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)