Much needed KDE application

Kévin 'ervin' Ottens ervin at ipsquad.net
Thu Jul 22 13:28:30 BST 2004

Le mercredi 21 Juillet 2004 15:22, Dik Takken a écrit :
> That's why I would like to include a *very* simple DCOP enabled
> message handler in KDE that can be called from scripts, has the
> simplest possible user interface and minimal memory footprint. Just
> connect KNotify, KSysTray, a listview widget and DCOP, done.

The point was that it can be an EventWatcher plugin, the framework is here so
why not reusing it? Moreover a DCOP plugin with the interface you surely want
is already there. Maybe you can use parts of it.
But I admit that for "minimal memory footprint" EventWatcher can be
overkill...

The idea was not to use EventWatcher as is, but to adapt it since you didn't
reject to have to code something. And using EventWatcher as a base could be
the way to work faster.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."