The KDE Project recommends the XFree86 server

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jul 11 16:24:38 BST 2004

On Sunday 11 July 2004 08:02, Martin Konold wrote:
> This is interesting as IIRC I used to run XFree86 on Sparc HW about
> 3-4 years ago. (Though using Linux not solaris)

It used to be possible to run Xfree86 or X11R6 on Solaris SPARC as
well (there still are some old framebuffer drivers in the Xfree86
source tree). But, starting with the PGX64/Elite3D/Expert3D
framebuffer series, no drivers have been available -- and these old
drivers don't work with these newer video cards.

--Stefan

steleman at nyc.rr.com                          -Monty Python